Saturday, March 26, 2011

New projects

One of the latest sweaters to hit my needles that keeps me from going crazy waiting for this overdue baby to be born! This sweater modeled after my Ariana Shell, is a cardigan version with a different lace yoke. My mother has a beautiful sweater that she *gasp* bought, it has a gorgeous crocheted yoke and she wears it quite a bit at wool festivals. People always want that pattern and we have to admit that we did not make it (very embarrassing) but now we'll be prepared to show them a similar design that includes all knitting! I am knitting this out of our Hand Dyed Peruvian Tweed (100% Alpaca dk weight yarn) and getting a worsted weight gauge at 4.5 sts/per inch, this makes the garment soft and supple and light weight. But it would also be very nice in a thicker more substantial yarn for a warmer and firmer garment.

No comments: