Saturday, September 20, 2008

Estes Vest



Even before the fall issue of Interweave Knits was out I was already dreaming about this vest from a sneak preview on the wonderful "Knitting Daily" blog by Interweave Press. I even ordered yarn from Berroco with the pattern in mind. As soon as the fall issue arrived I casted on, it didn't matter that I had 15 projects waiting to be finished, this was a priority. I am now 3/4 finished with the back and am still loving the pattern, it keeps you busy, while giving you breaks during some rows, plus with the bulky yarn and US #9 needles it goes fast! I love seeing progress, especially after a project like "the dress"...

It's not only the pattern that I love, but it's also the yarn. Berroco's brand new bulky weight of their popular Ultra Alpaca called Cuzco is a soft, silky, 50% Alpaca/50% Wool in a 2-ply is perfect for this pattern. It will be warm, soft, and it shows off the cables impeccably!

I'll keep you updated on the progress of this, but if you're interested in learning cables, we'll be having a class on this project Oct. 22, 29 & Nov 5 and 12 from 6-8pm. Cables are simple, they just look really complicated ;)

No comments: