Saturday, September 20, 2008

7 days to go!



Well it's now 7 days until the big day... Do I feel ready? Well no, but at least the dress is finished! Or I can pass it off as finished (it still needs a clasp for the back underskirt), can anyone say....safety pin?! I have finally finished the shrug, which I had planned all along on staying true to the pattern "Lacy Hug-Me-Tight" shrug from the book Knit 2 Together by Tracey Ullman and Mel Clark. But alas, I couldn't resist the urge to change something about it, so after starting the lacy border I decided that I did not want to attach it afterwards (this concept goes back to the skirt and how I started it over after deciding I did not want to seam lace, or purl...), instead I picked up a numerous amount of stitches and used the pattern I used for the skirt. This worked well, and I think it will match better then a whole new lace pattern.

I have also been fretting about shoes.... all summer.... So to appease my feet and to finish off this outfit I went two doors down to Center Stage and bought a very comfortable pair of light beige sandals that work out perfectly! I have a mohair/silk very airy veil started, but I'm not sure if I will finish it or decide against it. What do you all think?

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I think some flowers in your hair would be lovelier than a veil. In this day and age, we are beyond the concept of a veil anyway!

Ewetopia Farm said...

Thank you! I think with my new haircut flowers will work much better than a veil anyways!

Amanda May said...

SO GORGEOUS! I can't wait to see it in person. Flowers is a great idea. You are going to look amazing. Wow.

drmegdennis said...

fantastic - i am in the middle of knitting mine but having some problems with heavy skirts...but you have inspired me to get back to my needles nad try again!

Ewetopia Farm said...

drmegdennis I would love to see pictures of your dress! Yay! Someone else knitting a wedding dress!

My skirt turned out a bit heavy, 100% silk will do that i suppose, but i just think of it to my advantage and how great it will feel swishing along! Have fun!