Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Flutter Sleeve Cardigan

Spring is in the air! And with that glimpse of spring... more of a feeling really, something the weather just can't take away from us, comes a new inspiration for knitting. Away with the wool and on with the HEMP! This is a new yarn that just came in from Elsebeth Lavold called Hempathy. In a great range of spring and summer colors this yarn is soft and drapey, which is the perfect fit for your new summer top! The spring issue of Interweave Knits is full of great summer tops, but this one named Flutter Sleeve cardigan caught my eye right away, and even though my gauge is off by one stitch per inch i decided to go ahead anyway with the fun new Hempathy yarn in a wonderful celery green! I decided since my gauge was too loose on #7's that i would knit the next larger size and use a #5 needle. My gauge is now 6sts per inch (it is supposed to be 5sts per inch), but my fabric is just the right weight, not to loose and not too tight! This also knits up super fast, the back is almost complete and i just started 3 days ago! woohoo! I can't wait to wear this around the shop over tank tops all summer long!

No comments: