Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Frosty Twined Baby Jacket


This is my newest inspiration, born from a chilly child who is quickly out growing her little "Climbing Rose Cardigan" and seems to be sensitive to acrylics and nylons (go figure!). After being introduced to twined knitting I had a large ball of wool/alpaca Cuzco from Berroco left from a frogged project, plus some pure alpaca in a chunky weight (Cascade Baby Chunky Alpaca) thus I did a 2-color cast on and went to town! It's a bit tedious, but I have actually even considered making myself a sweater out of this yarn combo and technique! It is amazingly warm, soft and supple, yet still very sturdy and dense. Perfect for a baby coat. Stella will be quite stylish once I get this finished!

1 comment:

Amanda May said...

This is lovely, you are so talented!

(nice new look here on the blog too!)